haircut

Where did you get your sons first hair cut? My son is in desperate need of a hair cut and I don't know where I should go to get it done.

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got it done at SnipIts which is a kids place in our area. They distracted him with bubbles and toys and were very quick - he didn't cry at all and it was over before he really knew what was happening!

Answer by missanc at 2:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We have a barbor shop here that my hub goes too, I remember this same barbor did my brothers hair when he was little, so he will do our sons hair too, but he knows my family and husband all by first name....Some places like greatclips and supercuts have a card for a childs first haircut you have to ask for it tho..make sure the person doing the cutting has LOTS of experince with kids..that helps alot
    Oh and my son is almost 20 months and he will have his 1st cut soon, we are waitong for it to grow long enough to start a rat tail, my hub has one that is 8 inchs long and want our son to have one too....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Do yourself a favor (personal experience here, if you don't agree, then ignore me...I won't be hurt! :) ) Save yourself some trouble and DO NOT GO TO GREAT CLIPS....ugh...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Mamaroberts.......Greatclips just hires stylist to fill chairs, doesnt matter how good or bad they are......trust me I was regional manager of greatclips. we had one lady who cut a person almost on a daily basis and i couldnt fire her.....if you ask up front for someone who has a clean record od no customer complaints and no write ups and more than 10 years experiernce than you can get a good stylist SOMETIMES
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 3:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Nah, I would just skip them and take my son to a barbershop like you. I would never go there again, personally speaking, I think I could have done a better job and saved myself some money if I had done it myself! :) That aside, I would go to a barbershop OP.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• ok that's what I was thinking.... but my hubby doesn't even go to a barbershop, he goes to some salon down here. I go to dillards, but I just don't know where is a good place to get a kids hair cut
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We have a place by us called Cookie Cutters. Word of advice.. let them know EXACTLY how you want them to cut your little one's hair.. the woman that cut my son's hair cut off his sideburns (which I think looks stupid.. thankfully they're growing back!) and took his hairline by his neck up an inch.. so she shaved off the curls on the back of his head.. I was so pissed!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I went to Wal-Mart for his first cut and then Regis for his second. Wal-Mart did a better job and it cost $12 less so looks like I'll be going there from now on!
    Anonymous

• Walmart. I would have loved to have taken him to a kids place, but they don't have anything like that where we live. DH cuts his hair now. But if we get to go up to Denver for vacation again, there's a place my SIL takes her son to (I think its Kiddie Cuts or something) and if mine is needing a haircut, I'd like to take him there. As a matter of fact, I may specifically hold off on cutting his hair around that time just so I can take him there, LOL.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 8:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• THANK YOU EVERYONE! i took him to the place his daddy gets his hair cut (they cut them at the same time) And he did GREAT! We got his hair cut to a 2 so that he won't have to go in for awhile, but he LOVED it. he almost fell asleep! Thank you everyone for your advice!
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2010