Is it bad that I want to name my baby a name I heard on tv?

Both my daughters have names ending with elle, Gabrielle and Isabelle.. I am prego with baby #3 , which is also a girl and heard a name on tv I really like, but heres the deal, I was watching a show about a little girl who disapeared while riding her bike to go to the icecream truck and was never found, named Mikelle.. I really like the name, but is it weird to name my child that?

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa

Asked by GaBrIeLlEsMaMa at 2:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no its not its fine its a pretty name
    Anonymous

• About 5.5 years ago DH and I were watching tv and saw a commercial for Home Depot Olympic athletes. The name was Rami. We decided right then and there that the baby I was carrying would be Rami. It means amazing, awesome, thunderous; and he is.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I don't think it's bad that you heard it on TV, but you may regret the association with the sad story of a missing child.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my son is named after a character on the soap passions, my aunt's is named after a character on y&r. no, it's just a name
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my sons name comes from the movie the Notebook and the Bible..

just dont associate it with the story..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• no.. as long as you like the name who cares where you found it! Just don't tell anyone about where it came from and nobody will be the wiser! I still want to name my first born son after a character in a fantasy novel that I read when I was 14..
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Maybe your baby is the spirit of the lost Mikelle so it's meant to be.
    Anonymous

• I think it's weird that all your daughters' names will rhyme, but it's your decision.
    Anonymous

• Hell no! I named my son after the hero in a romance novel haha. He's gonna hate me later on!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 5:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my daughters name is spelled like the singer Ciara. it'a ytour decision. do you mama
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010