Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help anyone else an army wife

hi ok my husband is in the national guard and is going to deploy next month. his first night home on leave from mob he came home from a family event intoxicated and driving with our four month old in the car not to mention her carseat was in backwards. so i kicked him out there are no papers for seperation or divorce yet and he opened up an account where all his money goes and i have no access to it. im currently unemployed and he is not helping me with bills or taking care of our daughter. he will not listen to me or compromise. is there anyway the army will help or will i have to break down and get a divorce? which i really dont want to do

Answer Question

Asked by lilmama666 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I'm an army wife. You should be able to go to his chain of command and tell them what is going on. The Army is usually really good about making sure that a soldier takes care of his or her family. I'd just try that and see where that gets you.

    Answer by FilesWife at 2:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • I agree with pp. Since he has been mobilized he should be receiving BAH. That BAH is suppose to go to you.

    Answer by ZaTa at 3:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • i would contact his chain of command if you do not want a divorce and go to the chaplain as well. i would call the first sgt or commander , the frist sgt will make sure it is taken care of.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • how do i get ahold of his chain of command

    Answer by lilmama666 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • Call the base where he is stationed. You should know his unit. They'll help you from there.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • I know a woman who whined to the Army and got money out of the guy and she had the kids taken away from her by the state. He had to come back from deployment to be a single dad AND pay the gold digger. So if the Army makes him pay her for abusing his children and even cheating on him then I'm sure they'd make your dh pay you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • See a lawyer. Chain of command can't make him do anything without a court order.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • As a military spouse he's REQUIRED to be sending you some sort of support. NO court order is necessary. I know the National Guard does not do allotments, but if you know the FRG leader, she (since it's usually a wife) would be your first point of contact. She will be able to help you. I'm assuming is First Srg is deployed with him, so you may not have a direct contact for him, but again the FRG leader may have a way to contact him. BAH is YOURS. Since you are at home with his child, and he is getting paid BAH to support the household specifically during this deployment, that should go to YOU.

    Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.