my german shepherd...

im thinking about getting another german shepherd for my dh anniversary.we got the one we have now just by chance.how do you go about finding a reputable german shepherd dealer.i would love to to to up state new york to where the skeet monks have there german shepherd retreat...but...

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pets

• http://www.gsdrescue.org/

My friend got both of her German Shepards here.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We have 2 German shepherds and they are both rescue dogs. Got the first one at 4 yrs old, she was a retired police dog, she's 13 yrs old now, and the other was just a puppy and the guy didn't want him because he said his ear wouldn't stand up.. Jokes on him, they both stand up beautifully, he's 7 yrs old now and he's an awesome dog. They both have papers, and are wonderful dogs. I don't believe in buying an animal from a breeder when there are so many rescue dogs. You can find some great dogs through your local German Shepherd Rescue.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yea I forgot that one is for carolinas and virgina. Anyways just type in google "German Shepard rescue " and it will pop up one from your area.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes, do try the German Shepherd rescue first. You can find a wonderful doggie through them in your area. And you are rescuing a friend that so badly needs a home!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• hmm ok i never thought of that...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• just becareful. most of the puppy farms the german shepards have a high tendacy for epilepsy. thats how all 3 of my grandpas dogs died
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You need to research breeders, get references, or You can try the rescue organization.
    I have a great breeder in north jersey if you're interested, message me
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 10:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2010