I hate kids that hit! Why do parents think it's okay for children to watch wrestling?!

Don't they know better...this teaches kids to hit! I don't care what anyone says! It's violent. My friends kids are allowed to watch wrestling and have so since they were like 3...these are the kids that attack my kids every day after school and play fight! I can't stand it and am sick and tired of it! I feel like slapping the SH*T out of their parents! ***VENT***RANT***VENT***Thank you for listening!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• feel better?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It's not TV, it's bad parenting. It's time to stop blaming TV for a kids behavior, that line is getting old.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have to agree that a lot of it has to do with the Parents *allowing them to hit..or even encouraging it*
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 3:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• LOL! I find it funny that a mom who is complaining about other kids being violent because their parents let them watch violence on TV is reacting so violently herself, wanting to slap the sh*t out of somebody else. Watching a little too much wrestling OP?
    Anonymous

• Feel better. It all has to do with what the parent says and don't say or do. It is not the TV. Yes they see on there. But it is the parents responsible to teach them that is not ok to do that to others.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i hate wrestling. Children are so impresionable and copy anything and everything they see. My son is 5 and we watched an episode of power rangers, after it went off he started acting out the fight moves. I niped that in the bud REAL quick!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 3:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My kids do not watch wrestling, but my 4 year old hits. He is autistic, and we are working on that with his ABA therapist. (he doesnt hit kids at school, just his brother). My 3 year old used to hit, but thru good parenting we have taught him other ways to handle things. I do not believe it is the tv's fault- it is the parents. If you allow your child to watch these shows or play the games, you need to explain what it is and when it is done. If your child is too young to understand, they are too young to watch.

On the other hand, boys are rough with eachother. If you do not want your child to play rough (which is understandable) you need to teach your son to stay out of it. or walk away. Possibly request a parent/teacher meeting with all the parents about the issue. If you want it to stop, you need to do something. Good luck!!
    silks_bunny

Answer by silks_bunny at 3:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• 1st of all boys are boys, or at least mine is, he does boy things.I like wresteling, never used to but started watching with Hubby and now I watch it too.It's make-beleive and if one of our kids want to watch it they no it's all drama and fake.My boys are well behaved for the most'.I think if you have a problem with a neighbors child or friends child talk to the parents.It's all about what the kids go through at home, seriously, that I know.Have a better evening.'
    Anonymous

• my boys wrestle. i am terrified to let them watch wrestling, i don't want them to learn any new moves! i remember watching wrestling as a kid, and i was terrified...crying and scared for the wrestlers! as far as i know, my boys only wrestle with their cousins.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• ummm ok. My son watches wrestling and has never hit another kid. He doesn't even "play wrestle" with his brothers. Maybe the other kids just don't like yours.
    Anonymous