Can he feel it?!

Any one elses Hubby or SO been able to feel the Mirena after they got it?! Im trying to figure out what kinda BC i want to go on, but ive heard its common for people to be able to feel this IUD during sex?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• he wont be able to feel the actual IUD, but he might be able to feel the strings sometimes if they arent the right length. mine were too long and they were always poking my husband. i have paraguard, not mirena, but it should be the same.
    aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• No, of course not.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• If they can feel the actual IUD then you need to go back to the doctor and get that sh*t put in properly :) Other than that men can feel the strings of the mirena, a lot of people describe it as feeling like fishing wire, but after "about a year" its supposed to soften up. I have the ParaGard IUC and hubby says he cannot feel its strings (they don't feel the same as the mirena), but the ParaGard doesn't have hormones, so you still get a regular period.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• An Intrauterine Device (IUD) is a small object that is inserted through the cervix and placed in the uterus to prevent pregnancy. A small string hangs down from the IUD into the upper part of the vagina. The IUD is not noticeable during intercourse. IUDs can last 1-10 years. They work by changing the the the lining of the uterus and fallopian tubes affecting the movements of eggs and sperm and so that fertilization does not occur. IUDs are 99.2-99.9% effective as birth control. They do not protect against sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS.
    Anonymous

• My husband has felt it since day 1. I have an IUD and every 3 months I go in and get it checked. I have had severe issues with it. It is possible. My IUD hasn't moved like they suspect. He just feels it all the time. I know alot of women who have this problem. I am getting mine taken out because its always been a problem. Good Luck

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 3:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• No, PP, it is NOT possible to feel the IUD unless it has moved and is hanging out of your cervix or was placed wrong to begin with, unless you are saying that your husbands penis goes through your cervix and into your uterus............

The only thing that should be hanging out are the "Strings" or "wires" which some men to complain about being "poked" by.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010