Washer and Dryers

Alright moms, my washing maching took a poo this am and now I am in the need of a new one! Been looking online all morning and am soooooo lost with all the choices. What do you have? Do you like it or hate it? What should I stay away from? What features should I make sure it has? My washer is about 20 years old so I really don't know much about all the new stuff out there! Thanks!

klpeter

Asked by klpeter at 3:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• GOod question. I have a 1st gen Whirlpool Duet. They have now come out with several models after mine and I wished I had waited until they perfected it...LOL. I like the front loading feature and I like the high capacity feature. However, it doesnt hold near as much as they say. Dryer is supposed to have a sensor in it and shut off when it senses the clothes are dry to help save energy. Well, its flawed because the clothes can still be damp in the middle but dry on the outside and its shut off. If the clothes are left, then I have to rewash. Total pain. If you do a LOT of laundry, I would go with one of the high efficiency ones, but look up on consumer reports first. If you do average, then I might stick with a good value one. You can also get that info off consumer reports.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2010