How to deal with kids who tattle tale??

I have twin boys who are 5. I have noticed that my boys friends (my boys included) tattle on each other. I always remind my boys before play dates no tattling unless someone in in danger,or gets hurt. When the kids tattle I ask are you telling because you want your friend to get into trouble or are you telling because your worried about your friend?? It gets kinda touchy when its the same child the kids are always tattling on. I actually feel bad for the mom because some moms feel that their children are perfect. I am now telling my boys to work it out. Am I under-reacting?? I asked my boys kindergarten teacher about tattling and was told that kids at this age like to follow rules.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• maybe this website can help:
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_tattling-how-to-nip-it-in-the-bud_66622.bc
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 4:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My 10 yr old is a taddler on her 4 yr old sister, drives me NUTS! You'd think it was the other way..lol.NOT!
    Anonymous

• my son tattles on my SO!!!! he's 24, what am i going to do to him??? he just tells him not to tattle.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010