emotional wreck

i had my baby 2 months ago and i feel like an emotional roller coaster i am taking zolft for postpartum but i still find myself crying over nothing like tv shows, happy. sad its like a switch and i dont know when its going to flip on.i dont think its postpartum b/c i have no bad thoughts about my baby does anyone else feel like this or have any suggestions on how to stop it.

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Health

• What is your question and perhaps this would get better response in this area. http://www.cafemom.com/answers/archive/babies

Anonymous

• I'm pregnant now and I am already that way and looks like it doesn't end. Even though "beautiful thought" of bringing my son into this earth brings tears to my eyes..the thought of him taking his first breath and me finally 'pushing him out" etc. I'm a mess..fiancee is fortuntant he's gone on a 2 month business trip and there is only our 1 dog here to comfort me. lol ;( I'm sorry though. I hope you can find something to help you out. Do you work out? That always helps me feel better even if it's just a slow walk...
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It'll pass, u might have to go up on your meds.Ask your Dr. Because he/she could tell you to go up and it may make all the difference in your world.That stuff houldn't be happening on those meds.I don't think you are on the rite dose.Unless you just started have to give it a little time .They are different as far as time, I know prozac takes about a month to really kick in some are 5 wks, and Welbtrin is a few days .IDK about yours.Call your doc.
    Anonymous

• thank you so much for your answers i guess it really was not a question just wanted to vent and see if anyone else felt the same way
    sashasmom159

Answer by sashasmom159 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Still happenning to me and my youngest is 3! My doc and I have been working on different depression meds for me and right now I feel as though my world is upside down most days. I don't know what to do about it either. I am on the highest dose of wellbuterin that is allowed and it isn't working. Good luck to you!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I can tell you that you're not alone. I have/had PPD with all 3 of my kids...I still have it. I was on Zoloft, but it was doing more harm than good. Just a suggestion...there's a group for PPD on here, maybe you should check them out. They're very supportive and helpful. :)
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 3:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I agree with the pp, definately call your doctor. Not all PPD feels like you hate your baby; its just an up and down of emotions or emotions that you cannot control. There are also support groups out there as well that can help you deal with your PPD. Check with the hospital and see if they offer these type of classes or contact the Le Lache nurses who will definately have some info for you as well.
    I had horrible PPD with all four of my children; and began as early as mid pregnancy. I began knowing the signs and called the doctor to get on meds. The better you are informed of PPD, the less of its severity. I wish you the best of luck hun and just know that there is help out there and that you are not alone.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Let your hormones settle. You should be fine. It just takes time.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010