Dr. Sear's Alternative Vaccine Schedule...

Are any of you moms using this schedule for your children? How is it working out for you? I am using it for my son and I was wondering if you knew where I could find the sheet that lists the schedule? I misplaced mine and my son's 6 month appt. is coming up and I want to know what he needs to get done. If someone could let me know that'd be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months is DTaP (which at my doctor's office now contains Hep B as well, so ask about that) and Rotavirus. If you PM me I can send you the list. I am just getting it out of his book.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 3:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We didn't vaccinate our kids, and our son & daughter-in-law are not following the mainstream medical vaccine schedule ( I THINK they are doing 1 vaccination, but I have tried not to be a meddlesome mother-in-law so I'm not sure. They know my opinion, and I THINK they understand my reasons, so it's up to them)

Kudos to you for taking a responsible stance on this and deciding for yourself !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• When you take your baby to the Pediatrician for his six month checkup, the DR will know which vaccinations are on schedule for him. I wouldn't question a Pediatrician. They have many years of college and Medical school and Internship to their credit and know a heck of a lot more than Sears. I think he is a quack.
    Anonymous

• See if Dr Sears has it on the doctor's website www.doctorstv.com
    Anonymous

• oops, THEdoctorstv.com
    Anonymous

• Anonymous: It's foolish not to question medical advice, because that's what it is ADVICE. Not a mandate. There are many pediatricians who disagree with the standard schedule for many valid reasons. Why do you think people often get second opinons? Not all doctors are created equal or give the same advice.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• OP here...ANON: I absolutely will not just accept everything my son's pediatrician says because of her "years of medical school." Just because someone goes to school for 10 years doesn't mean they know everything and are right about everything. My sister has been having headaches for the past 19 years and her doctor told her it was nothing...she had nothing wrong. WELL come to find out, via SECOND OPINION, that she has kiarri (sp?) malformation...a rare disorder that may require surgery. Hmmm who woulda thought her Dr. could have been WRONG!
    Anonymous

• We starting vax'ing at one year.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2010