Have you ever tried beating the bank?

No I don't mean going in and beating up anyone. What I mean is taking out money in hopes that it does not go through untill you get your paycheck. It sucks being broke and always living paycheck to paycheck. Would you take money out of your account knowing that it takes 2 days to go through and in that time you would have money to put back in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Nope. It wouldn't be worth taking the chance on bouncing a check. Bad for the credit score and bad for my check book. What if something happens to your paycheck and it's late.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I did once and it was not good. I had so many over draft checks it made me even more in the hole.
    Anonymous

• I have and the fee's hit the day before my money did which made me even more broke by over $300. = (
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• That is called "kiting" and it is against the law.
    Anonymous

• I actually did that by mistake...I looked at the wrong date in my check book and ended up not having what I thought and quickly running the next day to the bank telling them how sorry I was...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• depends on what was needed. I have bounced 2 checks in my entire life and the bank has forgiven fees both times, bc the 1st time I didn't realize NiMo didn't have to hold post dated checks and the 2nd time a rental car company charged me a 2nd time for the same car. So if it was something I absolutely NEEDED like meds for my kids or something like that then I would but not for anything else.
    dolphinz1923

Answer by dolphinz1923 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Unfortunately, I do it all the time.
    Anonymous

• With the new electronic banking laws, transactions complete in one business day or less.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• We used to...kinda. We had a small buffer in there (less than $500) and I would sometimes pay bills early knowing that I was using the buffer. Now we don't do that anymore because it is a bad habit.

It sucked this week though since we ran out of groceries and money a week before my husband got paid. But we got him to sell plasma and now we have just enough to get us to the next pay check.

I imagine that the fees are actually the things that are killing you. Find a way to break that cycle and it will save you a few hundred through out the year.

GOOD LUCK :)
    Anonymous

• This makes no sense to me whatsoever. Sounds like no matter what, YOU lose.
    Anonymous