Teething at 3 months!!

My daughter is 3 months and is teething. Baby Orajel is for 4 months and older. What can I do to ease her pain?

JDalila

Asked by JDalila at 3:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can use the oragel, it is fine
    Anonymous

• Just use it. You can also use baby Tylenol.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Teething tablets worked pretty well for my son. He was about 3 months when he started teething as well. They are completely natural and just dissolve under the tongue...however you can dissolve them in a little water, breastmilk/formula, which is what I did, because its hard to keep them under an infant tongue long enough for them to dissolve. Also try those teethers that you can put in the refridgerator or a cold wet wash cloth works too. Just an FYI, I was told Orajel toughens baby's gums and can make it harder for teeth to come through so you shouldn't use it. I don't know if that's true or not though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• we use the hyland (or hiland) teething gel, its just like the teething tablets only in gel form, which i found to be more convient. its all natural & you can use every 15mins, where as oralgel you can only use every 4hours. Also, try teething rings or a cold rag for her to chew on
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think that's a bit young for a baby to begin teething. Ask the doctor and don't assume
    Anonymous

• Orajel is not benign; don't use it.
    We had success with Hylands teeting tabs, frozen damp washcloths and extra nursing (for comfort as much as nutrition.)

Answer by rkoloms at 4:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

um most kids start teething at 3 mts. it doenst mean they are going to get teeth right away. both my kids started teething at 3 mts and dint get teth til 9 mts and all my nieces and nephews(5) started teething. around that age. teething is when the gums bbegin to swell and drooling occurs. soemtimes with a slight fever.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I am not assuming!! I can see it cutting. Her doctor though she might start soon just because of the way her gums looked, when I toldt him I thought she was too young he no baby is too young to start teething in fact some babies are born with teeth.
    JDalila

Answer by JDalila at 4:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My son started teething early at 2 months old he had he's 2 front teeth, the doctor told me thats normal in some babies. My son weighted 10lbs at birth. Go to the nearest Pharmacy and ask the Pharmacist about HUMPREYS for babies, the are a source of comfort for teething babies the pellets are very tiny and white .
    THATBUTTERFLY1

Answer by THATBUTTERFLY1 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2010