What sort of things should I pack in my bag?

My due date is in a little over two weeks and Im putting finishing touches on my hospital bag, What sort of things does one pack?

Kaivarii

Asked by Kaivarii at 3:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't pack anything but my toothbrush and toothpaste. The hospital had everything I needed except the outfit I took the baby home in and the car seat.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I took my robe-they charge you for anything that you use of the hospitals, including robes, my own slippers, my own Tylenol-they charged me for one at $15 and I disputed it by having the nurse who was with me during the delivery write a note stating I brought my own, the outfit for the kiddo, toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo & conditioner and my lotion. The car seat was installed in the car already. For my first I had to stay an extra night because of the delivery time so I HAD to shower there. For my second I wanted my own shower so as soon as I was discharged we went home so I could shower. I guess it would depend on the hospital. Have you done a tour or a pre-registration? When I did the pre-registration, they showed me what was provided in the take home bag and what would be in each room so I knew what to bring from home.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I took toothpaste & brush, hair brush, things for the baby, hat, clothes, for you it's slippers, robe. If you feel you want to shower than shoes to wear in shower, shampoo & conditioner. Oh, something to focus on. Camera or video camera. cell phone & phone numbers of family & friends. You want to let everyone know the Exciting news!
    Day of picking up baby a carseat.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 4:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It depends on what your hospital provides and your preferences.

I like my own soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deoderant, etc. I also take my toothbrush, make up, hair dryer, hairbrush, pajamas, and slippers. If you wear contacts you will need your stuff. You will want a camera/batteries, baby's carseat, any special outfit you have planned for baby, clothing for you to wear home, etc. If you have long enough hair, make sure you have a pony tail holder.
    Anonymous

• I always pack comfy lounge clothes because I get tired of the gowns in "recovery"! I ALWAYS take slippers because you walk around the hospital (to take the baby to the nursery, go to the potty etc.). And I also like to take my own shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and toothbrush, deo, lotion, etc.... the hosptials provide this but I like mine better lol I pack the clothes for the baby to go home in and of course my cam to take a ton of pics. Last time i took my laptop and that was super nice cause I had something to do (I am usually ready to go home the same day I deliver). And make sure you pack an empty bag to take home all the goodies! I know are hospital is small but we still got a decent amount of freebies haha! Good Luck to you!!
    Bizkviper

Answer by Bizkviper at 9:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I agree with what everyone else said... BUT if you have an SO/DF/DH MAybe a portable game for him..
    redheadsmommie

Answer by redheadsmommie at 11:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• thats a good idea. i started packing my bag last night but i had to put it on hold cause the cat kept trying to pack himself too
    Kaivarii

Answer by Kaivarii at 11:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2010