best vacations....for families

im gonna be graduating from college soon and would enjoy taking a family getaway for the weekend, before i have to start my 'big-girl' job. I have 3 kids and 2 have birthdays before graduation so they will be 5, 2 1/2 and 1. what are some good family friendly places to go??? we are in ks, so kansas city, oklahoma city and denver are close places to us

heartsandskulls

Asked by heartsandskulls at 3:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Travel

• Chicago is awesome! You can easily get around without a car. There are always tons of free things to do.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Branson Mo???
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I live in Denver. There are plenty of things to do here with kids. Lots of parks, museums, bike trails. The mountains are not far away. You can camp in Cherry Creek State Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Flourissant Fossil beds are not far. There is Red Rocks Ampithearter and in Colorado Springs is Garden of the Gods (and it's free), Manitou Springs and Santa's Workshop.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2010

• We enjoyed visiting Kansas City, MO this past summer. We went to the Hallmark Crowne Center and played in the hands on kids zone there. There is also a mall there with a Crayola store and cafe.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• We visited Denver about 2 years ago and my dd was7. We had a really great time walking downtown, visiting museums, going to the aquarium, etc. I would hightly recommend Denever! I live in Boise, Idaho and this is an awesome place too if you want to travel a bit farther...
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 1:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2010