Well, this is an interesting situation.....is there, or is there not?

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/01/cia-contractor-now-flying-spy-drone-over-haiti/

It won't let me c/p part of the article, but the controversy stems from one exec saying they are working in Haiti, and another saying they are not. It is an interesting article.... please read it and let me know what you think.

My thoughts are that IF they are there, and they are there purely to help in a disaster, that is a wonderful thing they are doing.

29again

Asked by 29again at 3:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well IMO I think they recanted it so the drones wouldn't be targeted. I mean Chavez has accused the US of occupying Haiti. I am sure not everyone will believe it is just or aerial photos. We got bunches of conspiracy nut jobs out there.

Example Infowars.com has suggested this "More and more, it appears the relief effort in Haiti is a Pentagon and CIA operation. As history teaches, both the Pentagon and the CIA are anything but humanitarian organizations."

"They are in the business of killing people and wrecking things, not saving victims of natural disasters — if indeed the earthquake in Haiti was natural."
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• CNN has been reporting about drones in use for a week now. I'm pretty sure they ARE being used.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Why would the exec VP deny it, is there some problem with them being used? I don't understand why they can't get their stories straight.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Makes absolutely no sense to me. Any publicity is good publicity after all.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2010