Breast feeding withdrawls

So i'm at school and realized that i haven't fed my daughter in over 24 hours.. that i can remember... now she's 1 and 11 days so she's been eating.. she's had table food and baby food and what not.. but i feel so axious.. and jitty about the thought of not having fed her...
i feel like i've forgotten something or like ocd and i just have to do it..

i've been trying to ween but this is the longest i've went...
I'm the mom that fought for months to keep my supply up.. that solely tried to breast feed until 6 months..

i'm sure part of it is because on the 4th she started daycare.. so she went from me seeing her 24/7 to being in daycare 4 days a week.. and thats made me more anxious.. but idk

i just wanted to see if other people had the same thing or same feeling or if you had any advice.. i know i've been like addicted to breast feeding and i'm so proud of it but i don't know.. i don't want to feel this way from weening

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 3:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm currently trying to wean. Every day I go back and forth between wanting to do it, and then not wanting to. It's such an incredible bond that I don't want to give up. But, my milk supply is low now that my daughter is almost a year. I just can't imagine trying to feed her all through out the day to build it back up again.

I feel like I want to hold on to my early morning feeding with her forever. I love getting her out of her crib and cuddling in bed while she eats
    Anonymous

• It's normal. I nursed my son until he was 15 months old and had a heck of a time weaning him too and I too was so gungho about the whole breast feeding thing that it does take a while to adjust to not doing anything and then you will just miss it. I can tell you this though, it does get better, you are not forgetting anything and when you feel like nursing just pick her up and cover her with kisses and hugs ALL OVER! Be proud mama, you did an awesome job!!!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It's normal. 100%.

It's lessened when you wean gradually by dropping feedings slowly. OR...you can still nurse when home. No rules against it.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I'm nursing a newborn and sometimes feel like I should be offering to my 2yo who weened at 15mo.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 4:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2010