Would you quit?

If you knew or had reason to believe you were close to getting fired would you quit before it came to that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with danielp. I would try and find a new job and then quit. I actually had a feeling I was going to get fired from my job when my boss found out I was pregnant. When she found out, its like a switch went off and she started being really mean to me. I started looking for another job just in case but because I was showing, of course no one wanted to hire me, I did end up getting fired about a week later from that job. Of course her reasoning wasn't because I was pregnant...
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I'd find a new job first and then quit.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I would go looking for a new one. If you get fired before that at least you can get unemployment.
    Anonymous

• Depends on if it is my fault I am getting fired. Otherwise, I would wait to be fired and collect unemployment. In the mean time find another job.
    Anonymous

• Don't quit you won't get umemployment. Be smart, go for the cash that is allocated to you. If you quit you won't get anything!
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• OP here- Yes it would be for something I did. Dh and I are planning on moving soon so finding another job would be pointless and since I would end up fired for something I'm at fault for I wouldn't be able to get unemployment. So now that I've added this what do you think?
    Anonymous

• Do you KNOW that firing is in the offing? Then you might be able to negotiate a resignation deal that allows you unemployment and a decent reference. This is what I would do.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Just because you get fired does not mean you are guaranteed unemployment even if you weren't slacking. Many employers will fight that and the majority win. The best thing to do would be to quit if you are sure you are about to be fired. The last thing you need is being fired on your record when you apply for another job down the line.
    Anonymous

• No, I would find another job and when they fire me I would make their ass pay for my unemployment!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2010