Is it normal for my 14 month old to cry when he wakes up?

Everyday at 6:30, my toddler wakes up crying until I get him up. Naps are the same. I was just wondering if this is normal? My nefew wakes up talking & plays in his crib until mommy comes. It is kinda frusterating. Not the best way to start the day. Is he too young for a toddler bed? Advice?

Amberoz

Asked by Amberoz at 4:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ugh! My second born wakes up crying all time. He is 2 1/2 years old and the grumpy one! LOL! On the rare occassion he sleeps in, he will wake up SO happy. The majority of the time he whines and cries in the morning and after naps. After about an hour, he is happier to be around. I wouldn't worry about it, just try to encourage him to be happy and focus on something else.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my son wakes up crying. Sometimes he wakes up and plays but most of the time he wakes up crying
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• its not normal. i would call 911...children dont cry at 14 mos....
    Anonymous

• that happened to me just recently with my 24 month old... took him to the dr. and found out he had an ear infection.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 4:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• He has always done this. You could call him a high needs boy!! Otherwise he is healthy as can be.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 4:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010