Catholics, will you explain limbo please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Im not Catholic but I think it means dead, but not in heaven yet, limbo in the spirit world, hanging out until you get sent to heaven or hell? How is that?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• nicolemstacy, the place between heaven and hell is purgatory
    Anonymous

• Actually, they have done away with the concept--which is a good thing--because it was reallydumb. It never was like the kind of teaching you are required to accept--but an idea some theologians came up with. It was supposedly a place where babies, who had obviously not committed any sin, who died before they could be babtized. They still had original sin, because they had not been babtized--so were not suitabl;e to enter heaven. They stayed in limbo until Christ returns brings salvation, when these babies will enter heaven.

But, like I say--they have officially done away with limbo.
    Beckychr007

Answer by Beckychr007 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• The Catholic Church does not teach Limbo as part of its doctrine, But it was a popular notion among Catholics at one time. Basically, it was described as a state of eternal bliss, but without seeing the face of God, which they believed at the time was only for the baptized
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• OK OP here, please let Catholics answer this. At the very least use a source from a legitimate Catholic site.
    Anonymous

• In Catholic theology, Limbo (Latin limbus, edge or boundary, referring to the "edge" of Hell) is a speculative idea about the afterlife condition of those ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo

each site may something different. ^example^ which is why I would like to hear from Catholics
    Anonymous

• Okay I'll delete my answers then. Sorry for wasting my time trying to help.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I didn't say your answer was a waste of my time, I wanted to know from a Catholic source.

thanks for responding
    Anonymous

• *your* time
    Anonymous