18 weeks, 3rd pregnancy and i really havent felt the baby moving alot!!! :( is this normal? and do boys move less then girls in the belly????

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think so im pregnant with my 3rd an im having a c section on feb 12th due to my boy being so big an having gestational diabeties! an i noticed he doesnt move allot either maybe your baby is just running out of room!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My second born rarely moved! It was actually quite strange. I got used to it by the end of the pregnancy, which was a good thing. I don't think I could have ever counted 10 movements in one hour at that point! He just wasn't real active. Although he is my most active child now and also my strongest - solid muscle and is only 2 years old. He was my second boy so I don't think sex has much to do with how much they move.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It is normal. Every pregnancy is different and most women don't feel till 18-22 weeks. It all depends on where baby is, the placenta and your weight. Each baby is different too. I have two girls and my first was not much of a mover but my second moved alot and she still is on the go all the time. I call her my wiggleworm.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Each baby and each pregnancy can be totally different. My 3rd pregnancy I never really did feel the baby (I lost him at 20 weeks due to an umbilical cord accident) due to the fact that his placenta was against my belly. Usually, feeling depends on where the placenta is. If it's on the belly, you won't feel it until later, but if it's on your back or on your sides, you'll feel the baby earlier.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 5:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2010