Formula?

My son uses similac advanced. But I have a can of infimil. My son is on regular formula, nothing special. Would it be okay to use the can of infimil? If not i will just donate it. Thanks.

imperfect511

Asked by imperfect511 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked my son's pediatrician, and she said it's fine to try different types of formula. If you look at the ingredients, they're usually very similar.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I prefer Enfamil, but depending on your child's age, I wouldn't switch formulas. Older children approaching 1 it doesn't matter as much.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 4:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I did it with my son and it was fine. My ped. told me it was fine.
    Anonymous

• In my opinion, I would use it. My firstborn was breastfed and I received some samples of 2 or 3 different formulas. He use all the different kinds that I got, as well as breastfeeding. He never had a problem when I used them. My 2nd and 3rd never liked the formula. I would say give it a try. If he has a hard time with it, maybe you can pass it on to a friend.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• well i just realized, i spelled it wrong. haha. well ill probably donate it. it exoires in june and i am not even sure if i will actually ever need it. id rather give it to someone who will need it. plus i dont want to risk making his tummy hurt or anythinn. thabks.
    imperfect511

Answer by imperfect511 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My son is 5m old & after I stopped nursing I started giving him Similac Advance & Enfamil Premium. They are the SAME product- they just switch a few things around on the label so they dont get in trouble for copyright. :)

My son also takes the generic form of those from walmart or target just as well.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Likely won't be a problem. SOME babies do react badly to changes so be aware of that.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My son is on Good Start and I got a few cans from a friend that were slightly different than what he was using at the time but I tried it anyway and he would puke it up everytime I gave it to him and he got really bad tummy aches from it so I stopped using it. Give it a try atleast but if he shows signs like that Id stop.
    krisholl2285

Answer by krisholl2285 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 25, 2010