Schipperke

I'm going crazy with all the shedding. I got a short haired dog for this reason (Toy Fox Terrier), but Prina, my Schipperke, is a rescue. I was fostering her, but then decided to keep her. It seemed like fate, because I had a small white dog named Reina and then a small black dog named Prina came to me.

Anyway, the shedding is just ridiculous. We have to trim around her butt and you could brush her for days and the hair just keeps coming. I keep the vacuum in my living room now, because I have use it every day, sometimes 2-3 times.

Does anyone else have a Schipperke and is there anything I can do/give her to calm down the shedding?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pets

• I have a flat -coat retiever /lab mix that is a horrible shedder. I got a furminator brush and that thing is awesome. I use it on all of my animals(6 cats,3 dogs). It does an amazing job of getting the under coat so they don't shed as much.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have pembroke welsh corgis and they shed all the time too. I have seen this stuff at petco called shed stop,never tried it but it would be nice if it works! (it has a corgi on the bottle) schipperkes are adorable,I am sure she is work the extra fur and fluff!!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Furminator.

It's worth the billion dollars the stupid brush costs. It's an OUTSIDE only brush. It works so well you'll have huge clumps falling off the dog. Do not get a cheaper imitation.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I will definitely check into the Furminator, because I can't stand every morning waking up to a layer of black fuzz on my carpet with clumps here and there!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2010