Are they really this desperate?

Nancy Pelosi is set to announce the House will go the reconciliation route on health care reform.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2010/01/its-reconciliation.html#ixzz0dH1r09ON

Skeptical of the source but her power hungry nature does not suprise me.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Are they really this desperate?

Yes.  They are.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• If true (I know she and some others threw the threat around constantly) LET THEM ...that noose is tightening ..let them give it one more good overreach..HANGMAN
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• More like Pelosi is that desperate. She was on earlier today saying she didn't have the votes. Wonder what she had to do, how much $$ she promised to whom? Or how many arms did she have to twist?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Let them. If they break this/these bills into their parts, they will loose big. The omnibus was the only way to get some of the seedier parts of the bill passed, the parts are ugly and will never be reconciled. Let them do the nuclear thing. It will be a sure death and make Pelosi and here herd of idiots look more and more like - well, idiots.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Doesn't say what the reconciliation plan is. And I'm always leery about unnamed sources.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I am leary too but more often than not, unnamed sources are right on.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Here we go again....and again....and again.....
    Anonymous

She made that statement after the blog in the OP was written. More like the rumor was wrong.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• "Emerging from a closed-door meeting with her caucus, the House speaker vented frustration with the massive version of the legislation. In its present form without any changes I don't think it's possible to pass the Senate bill in the House," said Pelosi, D-Calif. "I don't see the votes for it at this time."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Nothing would shock me. Pelosi has helped screw California up so bad she wants to make sure the rest of the USA sucks just as bad.
    Anonymous