Placenta "under" the baby?

My doctor had me get a 2nd ultrasound at 26 weeks (first was at 19), and the reason is that my baby is at the top of my uterus and the placenta is at the bottom. He didn't specify if it was blocking the cervix completely or not, he just said it was down there. Anyway, I'm wondering if this can cause any complcations later in pregnancy, and what I should look for. I asked him, but he said that as long as I don't leak any blood then all is fine.
But it doesn't sound fine. I'm not stressing or anything, work is handling that for me ( I prepare taxes).
Anyone ever dealt with this before?
Could it correct itself?
The baby is also breech, but I know this early that will change (probably more than once).
Any help would be nice.
Thanks everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The term would be placenta previa. You should ask if there is a full or partial previa because even a partial can cause bleeding and a full would prevent vaginal delivery. I attempted vaginal birth with a partial previa and it was crazy bloody.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 5:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My mom was placenta previa with me and had to have an emergency c section. That was 24 years ago though, so maybe there's something that can be done. It's still early enough for your little one to turn. Make sure to talk to your doctor about your optiions so that you can make a birth plan. Good luck to you and congrats!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• You still have quite a bit of time and as baby continues to grow chances are your placenta will move away from your cervix. If your Doctor isn't concerned about it at this point I wouldn't be either.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Is it really possible for the placenta to move, I always thought that once it was in place that was it. It just stayed in one place "planted" is the word that is coming to mind.?
    Anonymous