are there an moms who suffered gestational diabetes and had a big baby? did u gain overweight expected?

how much bigger was the baby and how much bigger were u?

graciause

Asked by graciause at 5:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had GD I gained 19lbs and my baby was 6lbs 3oz
    Anonymous

• I am diabetic, i gained 30 pounds, i was doing well until the end i wanted to eat everything. My son was 2 months early he was 5lbs 11oz. If your sugar is controlled while pregnant you and your baby will be fine, if your sugar are on the high side you could have a big baby. All depends on how well your sugars are.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 5:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I gained about about 25-30 lbs. I actually think I would have gained more weight without the diabetes, as the diet
    I was on was way healthier than I would have eaten! lol My son was 8 lbs. 4 oz., which I think is pretty average these days.
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 6:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I had GD with all three of my pregnancies. I was around 190 lbs when I got pregnant and gained about 20 lbs. My baby was 9 lbs. 5 oz. and delivered c section.(first baby)

Second I weighed 215 when I got pregnant, gained about 20 lbs and baby was 8 lbs 13 oz.

Third time I was 235-- gained 7 lbs and baby weighed 7 lbs 9 oz.

The bigger I got, the smaller the babies were. Go figure. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• I had GD and controlled my sugars very well, I gained 12 lbs and my son was born 8lbs 12 oz
    LuckyMrsBlagg

Answer by LuckyMrsBlagg at 8:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I had gestational diabetes with my last 3 pregnancies. I gained between 16-20 lbs with each and they were 7 lbs 14 oz, 7 lbs 7 oz, and 8 lbs 1 oz. I know the diet contributed to my not gaining much weight and I'm so thankful I didn't have as much to lose to get back in shape!

Answer by missanc at 8:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I had GD and my son was 8lb 8oz a week early. I only gained a pound. (im i plus size mama though. lol)!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My aunt did with her 3rd... she knew it was her last and planned on doing a VBAC ....her first 2 were c-sections..... well she went in for her 33 week check up and they did an ultrasound and said the baby was too big and they needed to do a csection right then and sent her over to the hospital -- he was born at 10 lbs. 8 oz. ...and a hugeeee head lol. but perfectly healthy otherwise.... i am not sure exactly how much weight she gained, but if I had to guess I would say it was close to 50.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2010