ohh my god i feel horrible my 17 month old baby girl heard me say the bi**h while arguing and now she wont stop saying it

what can i do besides stop useing the word to make her stop and i know it's my fualt

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Call no attention to it. If you make a fuss, laugh, freak out or whatever when she says it- it will continue.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 5:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Ingore it. I have done that and found if you let it be she will forget it and not use it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• ignore it... DH constantly says "dammit bitch" to whatever (usually his food) and my dd has just picked up on that, but if I ignore it, she doesn't say it until the next time he says it. my q is how do you get a army man to quit swearing!?!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

you have to be on board together in the no swearing department...............as long as she sees it as acceptable lanugage to be used around her she is going to continue to use it. she is too litte to understand "do as i say not as i do".....................you have to practice what you preach..............or dont preach at all.... i would have a serious converstation with dh about what he finds acceptable language development for his child............and specificly how he is such an influence in her life.............hopefuly he wil respect her enough to tone it down for the sake of his LO.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 5:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Use behavior modification. Just say something similar like "witch" and repeat it like a game until she changes what she says.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Don't make a big deal about it. She will forget it if you do not repeat it to her.
    Anonymous

• You're more concerned about saying female dog than you are about using the Lords Name in Vain? Shouldn't that concern you more? Bitch, ass wipe, monkey fuck, these are just funny sounding words that children say. I'd be more concerned if your child was going around saying hate hate hate hate. LOL . The other woman had wonderful ideas, just ignore her. My husband was in the Army, yes he swears, yes our daughter picked up on it, but when we didn't respond positively or negatively she gave up. Why? Funny sounding, and the shock factor.Good Luck with the potty mouth.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 6:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Laugh hard ....like crazy!! Then when she's lookn at u like ur crazy...slo down n say ur sayn it wrong!!! Its beach! And keep lafn....tell her say beach that's how u say it! It workd when I said muthr fu..... my son repeted it and I said hahahah its muthr father!!! He fell 4 it
    muthrof_2

Answer by muthrof_2 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2010