Does your birth child(ren) get jealous of your adopted child(ren)?

I am just curious if any birth children ever feel like their parents love their adopted siblings more than them. I hope I stated that in a way that everyone will understand. If so, how do you handle it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Adoption

• Please clarify, which perspective you are asking from. Are you asking as a person whom was adopted, and wishing to know from that point of view...or are you asking from a person whom has a sibling who was adopted out, and needing that point of view? SOrry been a long day, and am not sure what direction you are asking ...from????? C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My kids were over the moon lol. They saw him as another sibling.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I don't believe my boys think I love the child I placed for adoption more than them. I know its hard for them to see me when I'm sad sometimes, but they also understand that I have bipolar and have very bad days at times. I know they are both very curious about their brother, and they do consider him a brother. I find it very interesting how my children can love and miss a sibling they have never met. They talk about him often, and unfortunately I can't give any answers as his family stopped communicating with me when he was 12.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2010