Heart palps,anxiety? Anyone else?

I'm getting heart palpitations alot, but I do feel better after I eat something. I'm healthy not overweight,excercise,etc but I also deal with anxiety/panic attacks. I am on medicine to help with it, but I would really like to talk to someone or could it be that I actually have a heart condition that makes my heart palp and send me into these anxiety attacks? I'm going to ask my primary doc, but also who's the best to see if you want to talk to someone regarding anxiety-a therapist,psychatrist,?? Any info would help. I try to excercise,etc. but that's doesn't help me when I'm into panic mode over this. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Health

• You should definitely talk to your doctors about this. Your primary doctor and psych should both be notified of this. I too deal with anxiety, and I don't recall getting heart palpatations, but my chest does tighten up and my heart races. Good luck and I hope that it's nothing serious.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have them. I also have a heart murmur and valve problem. I don't think my anxiety attacks are related to my heart conditions but I guess it's possible.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Op here-thank you.I've talked to my doctor about it. I don't think it's anything serious but I'm really sick of living my life in anxiety and having to depend of my meds.
    Anonymous

• I know it's frustrating, but it's better to be getting help than to be dealing with it on your own. It's not fun either way, but medication and support kind of help to take the edge off.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I get bad palps, but I have a heart condition. I can't say if I have anxiety issues or not (have some minor stuff here & there that's odd...but idk) but I'm too worked up when that happens to pay attention to if I'm having palps or not.
    Anonymous

• Meds can take 2-6 weeks to work. Unfortunatly many stop taking them at this time because they start to feel better, when in fact it is the medicine. Try to see a therapist weekly. They can help with coping and prevention skills. A combimation can work beautifuly if you are willing. I have suffered with depression for years. Anxiety kicked in just afew months ago, & im doing my best to suppress it with meds (Its been about 3 weeks) and to dicipline myself to being one with my soul. Mental illnesses can cause physical medical conditions. Please get help with the anxiety as well as getting your heart checked out.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2010