Do you really care about the Leno-Conan battle?

I'm irked by how stupid they both sound--spoiled and mad. I see that their craft is being condemed, but for 45 million I'd happily walk away. This makes me want to NOT watch either of them.

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think Conan got screwed. I will never watch the tonight show again after Leno comes back. The only one that looks bad IMO is Leno. He graciously said he was happy to move on five years ago, but since changed his tune. He could have gone out at the height of his popularity, but he turned out to be a whiny ass little bitch. He had the world on in his hand and look what he has done... he screwed himself. Coco is justified it dragging it out.
    Photobucket
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I'm also with Coco, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I won't watch the Tonight Show with Jay either, but mostly because he is so not funny at all, Conan is hilarious, I think its a big mistake and Jay looks like the a-hole.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• no. I dont even know the details.
    im in bed before then anyway
    Anonymous

• I am on Conan's side. I can't stand Leno. He was failing in his new time slot at 10:00 (9;00 central) and then they decided at NBC that they would put him back on his old time-the Tonight Show at 11:30 and push Conan out , put him on later. I am mad at NBC. But Conan is getting millions of dollars in "severance pay" so, Good for him!!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• No. I have more pressing things in my life to care about, my child, DH, and my job.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I care- I used to watch leno at 11:30 and did not like the rude jokes that Conan made about GM. However if you actually are following it , it was the network executives that made/make the decisions. Not the TV hosts. they just made jokes about it, That's what the do. I do feel very bad for Conan, he barely got a chance to establish himself and they made him and his crew up-root from NY and move to Ca. I think they all took it greciuosly and Jay Hates the fact that they are putting him back in at the cost of Conan.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Nope
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I agree with chefjen. I think it's unfortunate that Leno has been made out to be the bad guy in the whole mess. Truly Leno and O'Brien were at the mercy of the NBC execs. Please watch this short video if you haven't seen it to get a better view of what has taken place--there's an annoying little commercial before it starts, but it's pretty quick :)

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2010/01/jay-leno-addresses-late-night-controversy/

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2010