Have you ever had your child on an natural, herbal, sleeping remedy?

My son's pediatrician suggested it since my son has ALWAYS been a horrible sleeper, I wanted to get some more information on it and some stories of others who have used it. I forget the name she provided....

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Melatonin, yes my son was on it and while it did help alittle it didn't do much for him... Not long after taking it, it stopped working and still did not rest well. Have your son tested for allergies. My son was a horrible sleeper for years. Dr thought it might be allergies and gave him meds and he is sleeping very well now. Might not be what is going on with him, but its a shot..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Melatonin:)
    I have two kids w/ADHD and they both take it. It works well for both of them and it has no side effects.
    GL;)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Melatonin is a hormone; your body produces it naturally when you are in a dark room.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My 2 older kids take melatonin. We've tried to get our 4.5 yo to take it but she can't swallow the little pill yet and I can't find it in non-pill form. It works, and it's better than other options!
    Anonymous