How old for gum?

At what age did you feel your kids were old enough to be safe or trustworthy of chewing gum and not playing with it or choking on it?

_Kitty_kat_

Asked by _Kitty_kat_ at 6:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my son s 4 and when and only when we go food shoping and he was good i will let him get a gumball. he is really good he chews it till it has no tatse (about 15 mins ) and then spits it out in the trash. so maybe once a week he gets a gumball.
    Anonymous

• After i taught him to suck on a jolly rancher i knew he would probably not choke on gum. ...a few months after that i gave him a piece of gum but told him if he swallowed it he would not get another piece for a long time. I also told him that when he has it in his mouth he needs to use walking feet. etc
    That was around just over 2 years old.

If i would've had my older son when he was younger he probably would not have gotten his first piece at 2 years. ....all kids are different.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i have noo idea...i trust my 4 yr old but i will not give it to her...it is just like Soda...when he has a job and she wants to buy gum or soda she then can try it lol
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My son's doc gives out gum when you see him. He lets 2 year olds and up have it. It kinda bugs me cause he never even asks.
    Anonymous

• Mine don't get gum. My oldest is 9.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My dentist told me its really bad for their teeth (and the sugar free stuff is worse, according to him.) So, I am torn. I would like to use it as a treat for good behavior.
    Anonymous

• 4
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 12:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2010