Did anyone hear about the bullying of Asian students at a Philadelphia high school?

Many Asian student have not gone to school in over a week because they claim that they are being bullied by mainly all black students. If you want to read more about this just do a search on bullying at Philadelphia high school. This is something that I can relate too, I want to a high school that was about %50 black and had to deal with the same thing. Why do these kids have to act that way.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 6:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wait, black people cant be racist, right? They were the only people oppressed, abused, sold into slavery ect, right? How crazy is this story, a total aberration ~rolls eyes~

Anonymous

• It wasn't the black kids fault they are bullies. The Asian kids asked for it by being smart and geeky. We need to feel pity for the bullies, not punish them. *sarcasm*
    Anonymous

• Anon, it is now 2010, slavery has long been over with, get over it and start acting cilvilized. The majority of the black kids in my childrens school don't act like this, I just can't understand why the inner city ones do. And of course black kids can be racist, when I was in high scool they had no problem going around saying that they hated white people, whereas the white kids either kept it to themselves or just ignored it.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 7:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Stacey, you answered your own question. The white, aisian, hispanic, and whatever other ethnic groups just mostly keep it to themselves or ignore it. But not so with the blacks. They are the only ones allowed to be racist in this day and age. In fact, that is the only group of people that I see it from. But, I guess all the other kids are really racist down deep inside, and the blacks just respond before the others can say anything.../sarcasm OFF
    Anonymous

• I just wish that something could be done, its awful to have be afraid to go to shcool. Why can't they just put these bully's in a seperate school and teach them how to be civilized human beings and when they show that they can be, then put them in a regular school
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 7:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• The majority of the black kids in my childrens school don't act like this, I just can't understand why the inner city ones do.

***
    Are you really surprised that inner city youth who more often than not lack positive role models, a stable home environment, dreams and motivation to raise their station on life, turn to gangs and succumb to peer pressure?!

The black kids in your school district likely have parents (single or married) who are INVOLVED in their childrens' lives, support their education, demand that their children do the best they can in school, give their children guidance, provide them with structured group activities and outlets and provide stability.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Why can't they just put these bully's in a seperate school and teach them how to be civilized human beings and when they show that they can be, then put them in a regular school

***
    THAT is the job of their parents (or psychologists/behavior therapists), not the school.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• STacynoel, Obvious troll is obvious.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• LoriKeet, obviously the parents and the school are NOT doing their job. Something really needs to be done about this, and kicking these kids out of school is not the answer in fact it would make things worst. When I was in high school I was attacked twice just because I accidently stepped on a black kids foot who purposely put his foot under my desk, he smacked me so hard that he wripped my earring out of my ear, he was expelled. Another time I walked in front of a girl who was standing about 6 ft from the mirror and she got mad because I walked in front of her, she attacked me and slammed my head on the ground, I never told on her because I was afraid, he friends had warned me. The white kids were always shoved out of their way and we tried not to make eye contact with them. I just can't believe that this kind of stuff is still going on today. When is it going to end, children should feel safe at school.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I'm not going to even get into crimes non-blacks make.. Get over yourself.. Blacks don't corner the market on bad behavior

Anonymous