Who's the father?

I just remembered when my son was an infant,I ran into a woman I knew from high school at the dollar store.We said hi,and had some small talk.She says "cute baby,who's the father? Anyone I know?" I was appalled that this is what she thought of me! That I would go out and get pregnant by someone SHE knows first of all (she became quite slutty after high school)i felt she assumed that because I grew up poor,that this would be the path I chose.I told her that in fact i WAS married,and no,it was no one she knew.Have you ever thought about what people think you became based on what little they knew of you in high school/college? I'm talking aquaintances.

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you should have said "OH YOU KNOW DAVE, JOE ,JOHN, MIKE, MATT, SCOTT, DON, ALAN,KEVIN, EDDIE TOO!!! and gave her the finger!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 7:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think you took her statement wrong.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think you took her statement wrong too. I would not have taken it that way. I would have guess she meant something other than how you took it.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• no,the conversation went like she meant it that way.I told her he was my husband's and she said 'oh,he's the bio Dad?" like she didn't believe I married then got pregnant.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I think she was pretty thoughtless to say that. Either she is an idiot or simply said that incorrectly.

I would NEVER ask someone who the father is.
    Anonymous

• I also think you took it the wrong way. I know a a lot of people that went to my high school got married to people that went there also.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• WHERE did you grow up??

It would NEVER occur to me that a woman with a baby isnt married, or that the baby isnt her husbands!

Anonymous

• This is anon:06.

I do realize there are unwed mothers out there. But my FIRST assumption was that she was married... unless I was told otherwise. I would always give the benifit of the doubt that she did things correctly before I assumed she got knocked up.
    Anonymous

• I got that from a lady I went to church with. I had been married 2 years. She KNEW me WELL. She first said "Oh, you've put on weight," when I explained I was pregnate she asked me "Is it Clays?".....I was PISSED!

Some ppl are just bitchy. Ignore her.
    Anonymous

• Well she didnt ask you if it belonged to your husband right? So maybe she figured she might know the person...you went to school together so the chances of here possibly knowing the person is there. I think you just dont like her. I bet anything she said you would have taken offense to.
    Anonymous