"Proverbs 22:6 (King James Version) 6Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. " ?

How many of us here are proof this passage is Accurate?

This is just taken off from an earlier post where someone asked who was proof it was inaccurate... so decided to post who here is proof it is accurate.

I will post my response below.... : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Both me and my son are proof that this verse is accurate. I grew up in a religious home... went to church every sunday... in my teens and young adulthood I did walk away.... far far away... however, the prayers of my mom and the things I had been taught did follow me. I did return to a relationship with Christ and have not walked away again and never will.

My son was also raised up in church... in his teens he too walked away. Today he is in full-time ministry.
    Anonymous

• what religion are you?
    Anonymous

• i was raised pentecostal but now attend a non-denominational (spirit-filled) church. my son also attends and is on staff there.
    Anonymous

• it's nice to see the kids involved.
    Anonymous

• what's "6Train up" mean??
    Anonymous

• "6Train up" type o.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I was "trained up" to be a believer by methodists and baptists. Didn't work at all. I've never been a believer, even as a very young child. But they certainly tried hard. .

So obviously chalk me up on the "it's inaccurate" column.

My ex has been trying to "train up" my children in his church ways since before he was the ex...so far, he's striking out, too. And this is despite my not having been "allowed" to tell them my beliefs for most of their lives.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes. I was raised Hindu and I am still Hindu at 24

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I wasnt really raised as Christian mom wasnt active at all but some of her ways did send a signal of a christian woman.My dad is an 'atheist' and a very bitter one always seemed terribly angry with the non existent God for example hed hollar at me 'I AM YOUR GOD KID!'.I just went to vacation bible school at a southern Baptist church in Maryland along with my big sister for a year or two and that was it never went again but it was enough to plant the seed.The age of 17 I called out to the Lord Jesus alone in my bedroom on my knees.Later on in my very young adulthood I claimed myself to be agnostic obviously slidding away...but the Lord never truelly left me and once I started to really listen and pay attention I realized He still always rang true ..His word (The Holy Bible) for me had answers to just about any question I had..
    I believe it to be accurate..althought I wasnt exactly raised on the word the Lord sent someone
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• to make sure I at least knew of Him...the seed planted
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2010