my hubby is Very touchy feely and i hate it....

he wont stop when i ask him and we always end up fighting about it. i love him to death but i am almost at the end if my rope. i don't like to be felt up at all times and i wish he would just stop. how can i tell him without getting into a big fight?

AmyW87

Asked by AmyW87 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• What does touchy feely mean to him?
    Anonymous

• he wants you and obviously needs you....that's great. now maybe give him that "touchy, feel-y, playtime" he's asking for and when all is said and done....THEN let him know it's okay to have your moments, but being like that all the time makes you feel like a piece of meat....GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My husband is still like that after 22 years. I knew he was like that when I met him, and although sometimes it drives me crazy, I think that if he stopped I'd wonder who he was "feeling up" instead of me. He generally sneaks it in when no one else is around to see, although I always worry that someone will walk in. I don't know if you can change him, especially if he was like this before you married him. You might ask him gently to try to limit it a little to times when you're more relaxed. I know for me if I'm busy and trying to get things done, or certain "times", I become more annoyed with it. Overall, I've come to accept it though..... and to be honest, I know it means he still finds me attractive and wants me, and that's a problem I don't really want to complain about......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I had this issue. Hind sight being 20/20 here is what I figured out. I LOVED it when we were dating, and it felt normal. Then when we had kids (we were only married 7 mo. when I got pregnant) I went into touch over load. I was a breast feeding sahm with an in house day care. Then when I stopped doing the day care I had my second child (they are only 22 mo. apart). Hubby needed some attention so he up'd his cuddling, however, I was on 'touch overload'.... the combination was not good. Id ask him to stop, and he would take it personally.... though that is not how I meant it.

my kids are now 15 and 13 and we have been married 16 yrs.... it is better.... but it took understanding from me... and some times I just grinned and bared it. We worked it out.

be patient.
    Anonymous

• My husband is like that and I can't stand it! He's not into holding hands or cuddling while watching tv, it's more the grab the boobs all the time thing.
    Anonymous

• girl are you that hot? probably not,but yet he still wants you,look at it for what it is,if you dont like it,he'll find someone that will.
    Anonymous

• Talk to him about boundaries. If he doesn't get it, make an appointment with a marriage counselor for both of you and let them explain boundaries to him.
    Anonymous

• My ex husband NEVER touched me. I mean he wouldn't even kiss me or hold my hand in public. Be lucky that you have a man like that because it sucks to not have that affection. My fiance now is VERY touchy feely and I love it. Count your blessings.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010