If your SO tells you they want you to trust them, but call someone stupid for trusting someone that cheated on them, how would you react?

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it struck me funny.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 7:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like he has double standards

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Did your so cheat on you? If yes then this is a double standard & you might wanna start investigating. If your so hasn't cheated on you then he's commenting that the person who was cheated on is a fool to trust the one who cheated & is making a judgement call.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• No he's never cheated on me.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Sounds like hes cheated on you before, so its a double standard. He wants to have his cake and eat it to. I would investigate more into it because he might be telling you to trust him because he is still doing things behind your back. Especially if hes calling someone else stupid, he would know it was stupid to trust the other person if he was on the other end still doing things behind ur back
    Anonymous

• he knows how that man is,so he knows shes dumb for beliving him,but he knows himself and knows you can trust him.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• He doesn't even know the guy lol it was a comment he made about someone on CM that found out her husband has been cheating on her. I think maybe that's why it struck me so wierd. If it was a guy he knew that had a long track record, I would understand him calling the girl stupid, but someone he knows nothing about? I dunno lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Well, if your husband has never cheated on you, then how would this mean he has a double standard? He is right. Only trust someone who behaves in a trustworthy manner.
    Anonymous

• I wasn't the one that said it was a double standard. It just confused me because it's a bit contradicting.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2010