What are some home remedies for clogged milk duct?

I recently weaned my baby off the breast last week and last night I noticed a hard lump and my whole breast is pretty sensitive. This is my second child...I had this with my first one and let the shower beat down on it to massage it and applied warm compresses. I believe that got rid of it....but any more suggestions out there?

survivor79

Asked by survivor79 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just used a warm wash cloth, place it on there, and I DID release a little bit of milk, which I know everyone says not to, but I did! Good luck, I know it is very painful~
    Anonymous

• If you're not nursing, those are the recommended methods for removing the clog. Cabbage leaves in your bra or birth control with estrogen will prevent future occurences.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• run you breast under warm water!...just to relax you...they are gonna be clogged your not feeding they will dry up eventually!!
    Anonymous