Anyone have any tips for pacifier weening?

My son is 10 months old and hasn't had a bottle in months, I am thinking it is time to get rid of the paci too, does anyone have tips for getting rid of it?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What my friend did with her son was clip a tiny bit of it off every couple days and after a bit he realized it wasnt the same and he didnt like it anymore :) I just took my sons away at six mo and he didnt even seem to notice :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Just get rid of it. Don't make a production of it. He'll suck his wrist probably for a while.
    Anonymous

• I completely agree with anon
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• While I somewhat agree with anon :29, you have to be ready for him to pitch a fit, like whenever he is used to having it. IE my DD was used to having it at bed time (I am an idiot and I gave it to her in place of a bottle, and then that is all she wanted. Poop). Anyhow, so when I didn't give it to her at bed time, she would FLIP and scream. It just took like two days and she didn't mind any more. My tips are 1. Poke a hole in it, it honestly makes it less desireable. and 2. Take it on like a Friday if you/DH don't have to work Sat or Sun, that way even if he stays up and screams for a while, you won't have to worry about getting up early the next day!
    Anonymous