I don't understand...

My daughter used her phone for twitter and it says that twitter does not charge for the service but it says text messaging rates apply...Her phone is pre-paid...So does money come out of my credit card???

CCCurstynn

Asked by CCCurstynn at 7:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would check with your service. But text message rates can be HUGE if you dont have an unlimited plan.
    Anonymous

• I didn't even know you could use a credit card for a prepaid phone. That shows what little I know. I buy cards but if you don't authorize them to charge you then they can't charge you. They should just stop her service until you authorize more time but go to the server's website and verify.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• It will charge you whatever your text rate is X (multiplied by) how many times she posted. Basically if your text rate is .25 (fairly common), and she posted 100 times, it will be $25. That will come directly out of the "prepaid". NOW, if the plan doesn't charge for text, it won't cost a dime!!
    Anonymous

• First..your problem is your credit card...if you get charged for any of those things, Let her pay for her own phone...if you fel she is old enough to use a prepaid phone, than responsibility in her part applies....if not responsible than make her pay for it herself!
    BiBi2010

Answer by BiBi2010 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2010