First actual OB appt at 11 weeks??

I went to a walk-in appointment today (I'm 6 weeks) because I have been having a lot of pain and cramping and had a miscarriage 6 months ago. The dr did an ultrasound and said the sac is in my uterus and the cramping is normal. She didn't do anything else but the ultrasound and then told me not to come back for another 4-6 weeks. Should I make an appointment earlier with another doctor or wait it out? I just feel like 11 weeks is a little late for a real initial appointment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you preg now? If so, 11 weeks is completely normal for your first apt.
    Anonymous

• yeah they should be monitoring you a little more because your history with miscarriage...especially since it happened so soon. I would try to get in ASAP.
    Anonymous

• my doctor likes to do it at 8 weeks, but a know a lot that do it at 11 or even 12 weeks.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• That's about the norm. But if you are over 35 I would get an earlier appointment because there are tests they can do to check for Down's and other things that can only be done up to 13 weeks.
    Anonymous

• i felt the same way my dr waited to see me till i was 12 weeks at my 3rd visit i find out what the baby is
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My 1st appointment was at 10 weeks also I know it seems like a lifetime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2010