is alright to give baby grape jouic with water in it?

Is it alright to give a five month baby grape juce with water in it?

nativepride90

Asked by nativepride90 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure its as natural as possible, and not some knock off. BE CAREFUL. You never know what your little one could be allergic to.

I give my 3+ month old just a few drops on my finger if he seems interested (grape or orange juice, as a treat), but tend to stick to formula, and a slight bit of cereal (again, via fingertip or soft-coated spoon). Go by instinct moreso than what the doctor says. He'll vocalize what he wants after a while.

My son has lactose problems (like myself) and my doctor wanted me to put him on a milk-based formula after switching over fron NeoSure, and then to Soy. Needless to say he didn't react well and had tummy problems, so I trusted my instincts and went back to Soy without doctor's 2-cents.

As for all the annonymous who seem to think that hiding behind the annonymity button excuses their craptastic answers-- get a grip.
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 8:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• YES !
    Anonymous

• NO IT IS NOT! What the hell.

Babies at that age should be on breast milk or formula ONLY. At 6 months introduce solids.

Juice is a horrible thing to give to your child, especially that young! Good lord.
    Anonymous

• why do you want to? your baby does not require it.A tiny bit won't hurt,but I wouldn't make a habit of it.Formula or breast milk is all the baby requires now
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I doubt it will hurt him, but what most people do not realize is that babies don't need anything but breast milk for the first year or so. If they choose to eat earlier, that's fine, but it doesn't need to be introduced until then.
    Anonymous

• No, please do NOT. Baby ONLY needs breastmilk or formula, nothing more. It COULD hurt him...there are chidlren who are allergic to grape juice (I had one of these).

Answer by gdiamante at 7:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I agree, it isn't good for him at this age, on BM/forumla. The biggest issue is actually that it will give him cavities. Even if he doesn't have teeth yet!
    Anonymous

• No. Hold off on juice until three

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Ya no juice. It's not necessary. Plus juice has sugar and your little baby's body doesn't need to process that right now. Breast milk or formula is ALL they need at that age.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I'm with a few others - no need to - give them breastmilk, formula or water. They will get a taste for sugar soon enough and trust me, once they get the taste that is ALL they want. I delayed with mine until 2 and wish I had waited longer...
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 9:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2010