Any Mommas from Greensboro,NC or surrounding areas?

Were looking at possibly moving there in a few months and I am curious as to what its like out there. What are the people like? Are there any smaller cities/towns outside of Greensboro that has a population of 100,000 or so? What are the schools like? Good,bad or average? What is there to do there? Just tell me everything you can think of and if you have any pictures of the area post those as well. Ive been doing some Internet research but really looking to get some personal opinions. Thanks ladies!

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 7:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I live in Atlanta now but I'm a Tar Heel all the way. I can't wait to move back to Chapel Hill if we could just find jobs there!

Like any city G-boro has sketchy parts. There are very wealthy areas too. The small towns around the city are mostly tobacco farm towns that have way fewer farms. Goldsboro is a nice area for families. The university UNCG has a great music program. You can get a music tutor for your kids very cheap as college students are always teaching lessons for extra cash.

The traffic where I85 and I40 come together used to be the single most dangerous thing ever. They re-routed 85 and the traffic flow through the city is much safer.

It's close to Elon, a small liberal community with a college. Then Chapel Hill which is a fabulous place to live. Then Durham which has serious rejuvenation underway. Then Raleigh. Close to EVERYTHING your kids might want.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I live in Raleigh, have lived here all my life, and absolutely love it! I would never live anywhere else, although you may want to check in to the unemployment - I heard it was higher in Gboro than here.

Answer by missanc at 8:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2010