How do I stop my son from takin all his clothes off when he go 2 the bathroom

He is 3 and jus got potty train

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 7:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know it's a pain, but it's not a battle I would fight if he is insisting on it. He'll outgrow it soon enough.
    Anonymous

• My nephew does that only when he goes number 2 he will take off all his clothes its just a faze
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 7:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Just keep reinforcing to him that he only has to take his pants and underwear off. Kids learn by repetition.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• LOL... I promis you he wont be doing that when he goes away to college. Just make sure to black mail photos for when he is a teen and giving you greif.
    Anonymous

• my SO still doesn't lmfao! it's a guy thing, my bff says her husband does it too
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• my son did that... he grew out of it without much intereventions. so i dont have a real answer. just tell him to go get his clothes back on. i would also make him a little paranoid that ppl would look into the windows and see him naked. he has no shame and might someday be a nudist.... my son that is... but he really doesnt want the mailman to see his butt for whatever reason.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• haha my son does the same thing. I keep telling him that he needs to keep his clothes on but everytime they come off. I just figure i will keep telling him and hope that one day it stops. My only concern is that we are looking at preschools and that if he starts school and does that it will be super embarrasing.
    kclick213

Answer by kclick213 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My son takes off his pants so he can get better leverage on the step stool when he is sitting down. Standing up to pee he does not take his pants down. You can distract him by squirting a dab of hand soap in the tub. Before he takes his pants off, ask him if he wants soap in the toilet to make bubbles but he has to practice with his pants on. You can clip his shirt up with a chip clip instead of taking it off.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• my son does that to but it wont just be in the bathroom it will be in front of pople an he likes to run around in his undershirt and lil boxers
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2010