Has anyone gone to Victoria's Secret to get measured?

I've heard that you can go Victoria's Secret to get measured to find out what bra size you are. Has anyone ever done this? I'm thinking about going when I'm done nursing next month, but I want to know how it works. I'm a very modest person and I'm not one to get undressed in front of anyone besides my Hubby. Any tips will help.
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Shopping

• Yes, I did. I am modest too, but they take you to the dressing room and usually measure over your clothes. AND - they also might want to look at your current bra to tell you what style would fit you best for the look you are going for. I was a COMPLETELY different size than I thought I was - after being sized by department stores. I went to VS & got sized & fitted and I am SO glad. It is SO worth the money!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes I have. It was a big waste of time. The bra I spent $50 on was stretched out and didn't fit after about 4 hand washings. Never again. I'm small busted, though. My friends with bigger bra sizes swear by them.
    Anonymous

• Yes, they don't make you get naked or anything I think it was accurate.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• yes and they are very professional about it. they will measure you around from your back all the way around your breast and then they wil measure you from your nipple to mid shoulder. They will also help you pick a bra that is right for you look at it on you and then tweak the straps or find a new style to meet your needs. they lady helping me spent over an our helping me find the right one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes I have. I never had to get undressed. I still had my shirt on.
    Anonymous

• I did and it came out wrong the woman kept saying i was a cup smaller and I knew that I wasn't so i got the bra that I knew would fit and not the one the lady said to get
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 9:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i would recommend waiting a few months after you are done nursing. i went out and bought several bras about a month after i finished nursing and now (6 months later) they are all too big. i plan on going soon to victorias secret to get measured. my sister swears by it.

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• waste of time the idiots they employ don't know anything, besides whats in thier "employee hand books" I was told I am a 38DD NO FRAKING WAY! I guess that's what you get for measuring over your clothes? I am a 42C BTW. Your better off just going and spending an afternoon trying on a bunch of differant bras to find what fits, and fit right, for yourself.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Yes I actually used to work there, one thing we do run a little small in size...like if you went to any other store u'd fine we usually run a half to whole cup size "smaller." if you're a B...you might leave Vickies with being a C in our store..;) I'm a DD now..and any other type of bras I wear is usually a 36 C or 34 D :)
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I love VS and I got measure there couple of times. They measure me with my shirt on and again without my shirts ( because I ask them too, to make sure they had the right measurement). They measurement me being a 38d or 40 c depending on the bra and the make of the bra. They helped me pick out the right bra for me and I try one about 8 bras before I find the right one but since I'm a bigger size they only had 3 colors in my size but online they had more colors in my size. If I go to target and try on there 38d in playtex or another brand they don't fit they are too small but if i try on the 40 c they fit prefect. I got measure before my son and I was a 38 b but I wait 2 years to get measure again and I went up 2 or 3 size depending on who where I buy them from. I don' t have problems with them strecth after washing them or wearing but with any bra they are going to strecth.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2010