Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


This is a add on to my first question in reguards to finding any type of assistance with fighting kern county juvenile courts and (cps)child protective services for my 5 yr old princess....PLEASE HELP ANY ANSWERS.....THEY WANT TO TERMINATE MY RIGHTS ON MARCH5TH 2010

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Adoption

Answers (6)
  • Why do they want to terminate your rights, from what I know this usually happens if the abuse or neglect is really bad or the parent failed to do everything that she was to do in a timely manner. It usually takes alot for a parents rights to be terminated.

    Answer by staceynoel at 7:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • I think your best bet is to find a good lawyer and try to find some people who will be witnesses and vouch for your character. I know that lawyers aren't cheap, but your child is worth it.

    Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • Why are they doing this?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

  • If your child was taken into foster care then you most likely have a court-appointed attorney. What is the atty advising you to do? What does the atty think your chances are? How long has your child been in custody?

    I am sorry that this is happening. Usually CPS paints you a picture of exactly what has to be done in order to regain custody of your child. Have you done those things? Good luck to you. Wishing you the best.

    Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • You don't say how long ythey have had custody of your child. I'm assuming that if they are going for termination that it has been at least 18 months if not 24 months which is supposedly the longest a child can be in care. During that time you should have had a court appointed attorney. If not I would request one NOW! He can get things pushed off a bit until he figures out what is going on. If during the time your child has been in foster care you have shown no progress then they will terminate rights. They will have loads of paperwork to back this up. I say the size of one of the case folders on one of the kids we had and it was almost 2 inches thick and it documented EVERYTHING! You have the right to dispute anything that they may bring up.

    You're right in that you're running out of time. I'd pull out my case plan and see what part of it you have not followed and see what you can do.

    Answer by baconbits at 1:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • wow...major missing details make this too hard to answer

    Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:23 AM on Jan. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.