How to feel the difference between a kick and a hiccup?

My baby kicks often but at times I feel like a steady light thumping. What is that? Is it her hiccuping or is something going on with her? Then I can see something push out of my stomach and I don't know if it's her bottom or her head, and I can't tell if I'm feeling her legs or her arms. How do I tell?

penguinbabe44

Asked by penguinbabe44 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When my son would have hiccups it would feel like a real soft hearbeat (rhythmic) feeling in my belly. They are the same strength and usually come within a couple seconds of eachother.
    Anonymous

• your babys hiccups will be in a rhythm and continuous for a little bit, the kicks just come whenever and are usually stronger. My baby girl had the hiccups all the time, now thats shes born she still gets hiccups twice or sometimes even three times a day
    Anonymous

• A hiccup is soft and constistent.. a kick is inconsistent and some are stronger than others.

Valerie

SHOP AVON ONLINE>

www.youravon.com/valerieellison
    V8ELLISON

Answer by V8ELLISON at 8:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Lol hiccups are constant and sometimes can drive you crazy. Is she head down yet? When you find out, it'll be a little easier to tell which is which. If you feel a couple quick jabs to the ribs, those are her little feet lol. Congrats! I miss how it felt when my baby lived in my belly. Cherish every day of it!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• hiccups are rythmic...to me it felt like they were using my bladder as a trampoline lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2010