Anyone with a toddler with diabetes please give me your honest opinion

My father and his niece have type 1 diabetes. Dad's brother has type 2. My dd just had her 18 mo. wellness exam today. I've been concerned because she hasn't been as active lately, has had diaper rash fairly often (she never had it as an infant), she hasn't been eating much (no weight loss), and wakes up from long naps very shakey and crabby. Anyway, they tested her blood sugar, which was 102. However, that was after she had a full cup of juice. I know that normal levels (pre-meal) should be 100-180. She eats very balanced meals and has snacks. I think there's a problem and don't feel like the doctor took me seriously. Am I being paranoid?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If they tested her for diabetes. and she is normal. She is ok. You are being a little sensitive about this.

Answer by louise2 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• 102 after juice is pretty good. Normal range is 70 -110 fasting this can vary from lab to lab. If she was a diabetic her blood sugar would have been alot higher because her body doesn't produce insulin so the sugar stays in the blood instead of going into the cells. Which would equal a higher sugar level... For a child her age a level of over 128 fasting is a reason to be concerned. After eating the levels will rise and then fall back to her normal.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2010