Have you done a waterbirth or know someone that has!?

I am thinking about doing a water birth, but no area hospitals offer it. I am looking for details of the expierence (if you had one) and also suggestions or hints on how to make this happen since the hospitals don't offer it. I did find www. Waterbirth. Org and requested info so maybe they can help!! :)

Bizkviper

Asked by Bizkviper at 8:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• IF you hospital don't offer it and you want one. Homebirth. That is what we are doing our 3rd time around. We were with our first but the water got to hot and I could not handle the heat and baby was ready to come. I labored with both my pregnancy and loved it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I know a few people who has done homebirths and waterbirths in a birthing center or at home. Im having a homebirth with this baby and buying my own birthing poll too. I suggest looking at the Ican website for more resouces
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 9:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Find a great midwife. I am giving birth in a hospital, but my midwife said she would let me have a water birth. I will be able to labor in the pool and then just "oops" start to give birth in the tub. Apparently midwives will do this quite a bit. If not, then homebirth or find a birth center. We have great birth centers here with beautiful water birthing rooms. Good Luck with what you find. I wish you the best!
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 9:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• My babies were waterbirthed and I know a LOT of others who were, too! (*It's actually common around here...)

You can have a home waterbirth or a birth center waterbirth... Many hospitals are starting to offer it, check out who might be offering it soon.
    If there are midwives in the hospitals there, they should have suggestions for local options.

But if you are having a normal pregnancy then home birthing is a safe option, anyway.

Keep investigating! Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2010