Saved From What?

When I hear/read the phrase, or a variation of, "belive in Christ so you can be saved" or "accept Christ so you can be saved", I always wonder, saved from what, exactly? And how does accepting/believing in JC "save" one, anyway?

Guinhyvar

Asked by Guinhyvar at 8:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Saved from eternal spiritual damnation

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I guess it saves them from people like us O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• The torment of sin. Sin is anything that separates you from the peace of God.

Esoteric Christianity describes this in a pretty pleasant and interesting way. I doubt there are many esoteric Christians here.

Christ is a metaphor for the higher self. Sin is anything that separates one from the higher self-- thus one is separated from the spiritual/ astral plane and cannot commune with the immortal collective unconscious of the universe. The individual is "stuck" because of sin in the earthly realm. but by accepting that Christ/ the higher self is the ultimate truth, one is reconnected through faith and peace with the spiritual plane.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• saved from ignorance about our personal immortality.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• Salvation is a gift and when you receive that gift, you are through faith by His grace saved from an eternal separation from God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

------------------------------

dont say that, im sure you're not a bad person.
    being saved from being cut off.
    Anonymous

• I guess you are saved from hell if you accept Jesus in your heart, as they say it. Then you can commit any sin you like and it's forgiven. Bomb an abortion clinic, child-molesting priests, the Crusades, Occupy another country and bomb their country to pieces while killing millions of innocent people. But if you aren't saved then to bad so sad.
    Anonymous

• 8:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 by: Anonymous
    I guess you are saved from hell if you accept Jesus in your heart, as they say it. Then you can commit any sin you like and it's forgiven. Bomb an abortion clinic, child-molesting priests, the Crusades, Occupy another country and bomb their country to pieces while killing millions of innocent people. But if you aren't saved then to bad so sad
    *************
    I LOVE this post!!! So true. Sadly, it is all too true.
    Anonymous

• I LOVE this post!!! So true. Sadly, it is all too true.
    ---------------------------
    no it isnt.
    Anonymous

• i agree it is not true what anon:24 wrote, but I feel there is no need to respond to it. It is like the anti Catholic post, there isn't a response wanted. Just people to agree
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2010