Legitimate money for a single mom??

Does it exist? I see EVERYWHERE ads that moms can get money basically just for being a mom. Really, what's the catch?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• If anyone tells you can make money without doing something- run fast the other way. I think people tend to gloss over what they do. I am an independent distributor with Scent Sations. I have the ability to work 3 to 4 hours a day and make a pretty decent income but I do still have to work. When I first started my business I traded a lot of time for very little money but I knew that in time it would even out and over more time I would make a lot of money for working very few hours but that doesn't happen overnight. Be careful- you will have to work in order to make money.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• does not exist.
    jessicaeby05

Answer by jessicaeby05 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 7:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2010